Sometimes you just want to go all out for breakfast — an “I’m not going to eat lunch” kind of breakfast. This was one of those times. French toast with Nutella and fruit topping. I would make this every morning if I could just forget about how bad it is for you. I really couldn’t fill this with more gluten, sugar, dairy, and fat if I tried. Okay, maybe if I tried.
If you can forget about a healthy egg white omelette for one day; indulge in this!
French Toast with Nutella and Fruit Topping
8 slices country potato bread
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 Tablespoons butter
1. Combine cinnamon and sugar and whisk together in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and whisk until combined.
2. Dip bread in the mixture and fry slices in butter until golden brown.
3. Cut up strawberries and place in a bowl with 2 Tablespoons of sugar to macerate.
4. Get all of your toppings ready!
5. Spread french toast with a generous portion of Nutella.
6. Place bananas on top of the Nutella.
7. Place strawberries on top of the bananas.
8. Sprinkle it all with powdered sugar.
9. Top it all off with homemade whipped cream.